PRESENTED BY UNITED CYCLE
September 4, 2017
GEAR UP & GET THE “PRO TREATMENT” AT VELOTHON EDMONTON
Join cyclists from around the globe for a true “feel-like-a-pro” experience and the ultimate public ride sportive at Canada’s first-ever Velothon!
Velothon Edmonton will take place on September 4, 2017 on the final day of the UCI 2.1 ATB Tour of Alberta, making it one of the biggest cycling events in the Americas and a memorable week of cycling in Alberta.
WHAT IS VELOTHON EDMONTON?
- Velothon Edmonton is the first North American UCI Velothon Majors
- A mass participation ride on the same day as the ATB Tour of Alberta Stage 4 pro-cycling race
- Three course options: Velothon 100 km, Velothon 60 km, and ATB Financial Family Ride supporting CASA 5 km
- Participate in a team or as an individual rider
- Exciting festival atmosphere, with thousands of spectators to watch Velothon Edmonton and the ATB Tour of Alberta
- Watch the professional cyclists compete in the final stage of the ATB Tour of Alberta that same afternoon
- Visit Velothon.com/Edmonton for full details
EXPERIENCE THE “PRO FEELING”
- Completely closed roads
- Same roads as pro-cyclists compete on during Stage 4 of the ATB Tour of Alberta
- Start and finish under the same truss as the ATB Tour of Alberta professional cyclists
- Fully supported with mechanical and feed stations
- Tour of Alberta official emcee to announce Velothon Edmonton and ATB Family Ride supporting CASA
Velothon Edmonton is your chance to ride Alberta’s Capital City roads you may have never faced before! Course highlights include:
- Velothon 60 & Velothon 100 occurs on a 20 kilometre loop within the heart of Edmonton
- ATB Family Ride supporting CASA occurs on a shorter loop within downtown Edmonton
- Velothon Edmonton circuit descend through the historic and picturesque grounds of the Alberta Legislature, passes through Edmonton’s stunning river valley, races the daunting curves of Groat Road, and climbs past the scenic Hawrelak Park & Victoria park, and returns through the streets of downtown Edmonton to Churchill Square